Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Mirra Andreeva, a teenager from Russia, she celebrated her 16th birthday.

Mirra Andreeva, a teenager from Russia, she celebrated her 16th birthday.

 Mirra Andreeva, a teenager from Russia, has had quite the weekend. She continued her remarkable progress at the Madrid Open on Saturday, when she celebrated her 16th birthday.


Andreeva, the world's number one 194 and a trump card for the competition, beat world No. 19 Magda Linette won the clay match in Spain 6-3 6-3.


According to the WTA, Andreeva defeated world No. 1, making her the seventh youngest player this century to defeat a player ranked in the top 20. 14 Beatriz Haddad Maia in the second round in straight sets.


The Russian has won 16 professional matches and finished second at the junior Australian Open this year.


Aryna Sabalenka, the current champion of the Australian Open, is her next opponent. victory over world No. 1 Sabalenka 2, in the fourth round Monday and the teen's name will without a doubt turn out to be all the more well known.


The Russian's meteoric rise has been so rapid that the WTA website does not yet feature a picture or biography of her.


The WTA quotes Andreeva as saying, "I didn't expect to be here and play Sabalenka in the round of 16."


“I’m not really surprised with my level because I know how well I can play on the court... but of course, I didn't expect to be here and go this far,” the player stated.


The Russian claimed that she had nothing against Sabalenka "to lose."


"I simply need to go there and show the best tennis I can," she said. " There is no strain by any stretch of the imagination for me.


"There is some strain on her, I think, since she will play a 16-year-old young lady. We will most likely play in a stadium, so I'm excited to do that.

Post a Comment

0 Comments